Communication is a two-way process. One needs to be good at communication skills. So, that one can share his view effectively. Personal and business relationships depend on good communication skills. To convince the client totally depends on your communication skills. Soft skills are essential for a job. It is the basic requirement of the job. The basic mantra to have good communication skills is to read and talk more. Practicing this will make you perfect.
Communication can be categorized into three basic types. 1) Verbal communication, in which you listen to understand their meaning. 2) Written communication, in which you read their meaning. And, 3) Non-verbal communication, in which you observe a person and infer meaning.
Basically to be at communication skills one should be a good listener. A good listener can communicate well.
• Practice making eye contact, this shows your confidence. Confidence is the key to success. Making eye contact with the audience shows how much confident you are.
• Try to understand basic communication skills. Try to work out your English terms. You can also get help from online tutoring sites or hire a private tutor to learn the basics of grammar. You can also hire an English tutor (if required).
• Try reading more books and keep an eye on the way of expression by the author.
• Be passionate to learn a new word. Jot down the new word (if encountered) daily and try to use it once or twice a day. This will increase your vocabulary.
• Watch the series. Many series are available online and at a low cost. They show how effectively and easily you can express your views.
• Take part in group discussion. This will encourage you. Slowly you will develop the courage to share your views. So take part in a healthy discussion.
• Make phlegmatic smiles a habit. A smile makes you confident. It’s a sign of a positive gesture. It makes a good impression.
• Give a start and practice it with your friends. You can discuss daily topics and have group discussions. Conclude it and submit feedback from each other.
• Practice active listening. Active listening is the process of paying 100% attention to the person with whom you are communicating. Make eye contact. This is the sign of an active listener.
• Improve your body language and always show positive gestures. According to Albert Mehrabian, 93% of the communication is non-verbal. The way you stand, the tone of voice, and the aura you provide are constantly communicated throughout the day.
Great communication starts when you listen more than you talk, practice it, and ask more questions. Engage yourself with the audience and just be confident. Don’t forget, think before you speak. Choose your words wisely.